Monday, February 4, 2008

STREET THEATER VS. STREET HUSTLE.


THIS IS ABOUT PROFFESSIONALISM!

First of all if your goin out there with money in your head your walkin out there with a big sign on your face and the public can smell it a mile away. And it’s gonna be a long hard day for you!

I have seen guys go out and hound, harass, and intimidate every single passer by, tryin to stop them.

The people stop not because they were interested on their own, but because they were blatantly cohersed into it, they were hounded for money over and over and over again and saw little too no entertainment.

This same “busker” would come up to me at the end of the day and tell me he made a $100 and think he was a great street performer because he made all that money.

First of all that ain’t street performing that’s street hustle intimidation pan handling!

Secondly I got news for this “busker” street performers have been known to make a whole lot more then $100 a day and they didn’t have to harass anybody they simply performed and instructed the audience that it was their job and that they expected to be paid.


This is called SERVICES RENDERED!


I’ve seen guys go out and clap and cheer a large audience up then hat them with out ever showing any other skill then building a crowd, no magic, no juggling, no laughs, no nothing! I watched in utter disbelief as the crowd came in and put money in the hat.

I’ve seen them do this three times in a row then I saw an actual performer go up and no one would stop for fear of being duped again……later in the day I also saw a group of performers beat those clap and cheer guys up for it.

AS BUSKER WE ARE NOT PAN HANDLERS, TIMESHARE SALES,BUMS OR STREET CONS.

WE ARE ARTISTS WETHER IT BE PERFORMANCE ARTIST OR ANY OTHER.