Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Jimmy's Virtual Hat

Out on the sidewalk, I spend a lot of my days asking for tips at the end of the shows. We call this Hatting, because the people usually come forward and put money in the hat.

When I'm asking for money, I usually like to tell them a little bit about myself and let them know why I'm asking for money, well this is my little spot on the sidewalk of the internet, so here goes.



I have always been an outdoors kinda guy. Some guys like to go camping, or hunting, or surfing, or hiking, and they find these things fun.

It has always been fun for me, to drop myself into the inner city of a town I have never been in before, with no money on me, and not knowing anybody there.

It has always been sort of thrill for me, to wonder what's going to happen to me.

It becomes especially fun if I'm dropped into a city with a language and culture I'm not familiar with.

It's the life I chose.

In fact, I traveled for many of my younger years, without even busking. I wrote books, printed them and sold them, and picked up odd jobs on the road when I could. After I adopted busking to my traveling adventures my opportunities opened up extensively, and it certainly gave me more security and structure to my life.

Now I'm getting older and it is harder for me to do this, and my family needs and expects me around the house more.

My ancestors never retired, and nor will I.

I love working outdoors, but I know I have to take it easier on myself due to my health issues, so instead of working 6 or 7 days a week on the sidewalk, I'm going to fall back on what I did before I was a professional magician.

I'm going to write during the week. I think you can see where I going with this. So, if you can help, than help, and I'll be writing for you.

If you can't help, I hope you get something out of my work and experience, and maybe one day you can.

Over the coming months, along with the blog, I'm going to start releasing e-books, bound books, notebooks on specific subjects, and maybe even some street clown and magic props.

But until then don't forget to tip me.

And just like you might here it on the sidewalk;

"A five or a ten, I'll thank you personally."

"A twenty, I'll thank you twice."

"A hundred, heh, you give me a hundred and watch out, I might show up at your door one day."

"And take your time this is my wife's favorite part of the show."

"She always says she likes it when the show's finally over."



Drop a donation in the HAT HERE.

"And make it a big one, I won't be offended."